Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Multiple Polaroid Scale Monotypes.





Here are a few images I recently created using the monotype process to help expand a concept I have been focusing on for a couple months now. It's based on memories that I do not own myself but rather the memories I interpret my immediate family to have. I use vintage polaroids as a reference point as I spontaneous conjure up seemingly fictitious moments in the past. I use my subject matter as a sort of meditative reference point as I formulate fictitious memories to help gain a sense of connection with those relatives I share a distant relationship. It is my hope that I will be able to gain a heightened sense of identity and unspoken intimate connection with those relatives I have not had the opportunity to experience with in a tangible and supportive relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment